Saturday, May 21, 2011

Last Day in the United States

The much anticipated day has arrived. I am in New York City. Though I walk around and people here have placards indicating that the rapture will take place today at 6pm. The significance of this day for me is my travel today, from JFK Airport to Amsterdam and then my travels from the Netherlands to Entebee, Uganda I will be spending a couple of days in Kampala with Bishop Peni as he has business to conduct at the All Saints Cathedral. This Church is the sight where a number of people were buried that were executed by Idiamin. During Idiamin's dictatorship Uganda was the most troubled country of Africa. While Uganda has a troublesome attitude towards homosexuals, it is relatively civil and comparison with most other African countries. My stay in Kampala will be followed by a United Nations flight from Kampala, Uganda to Yambio, Sudan and then to be picked up to travel the last 20 miles by an overland Jeep. All of this will take place within a 4day period. I wonder what the story will be of people that I met in New York's JFK, Amsterdam, Entebee, Kampala, and beyond. More to follow.

1 comment:

  1. George,
    I am so anxious to follow your adventures with you! I hope your trip went well and that you are finding new wonders each day.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete